Wednesday 12 December 2012

Attitude and behavior of a renowned public figure Buddhist Nun towards gang-raped victim support

While I was in Australia last year in June 2012 Megan Dortan, a Lawyer from America enquired me about Nepal's gang-raped victim aged 21 from Tamang community who happened to be a Buddhist Nun from the eastern part of Nepal, Bhojpur district from where my ancestors belong to. I didn't know about this case so before answering her email I thought it would be wise to know in detail about her condition thus I asked with my friends and family members in Nepal and also googled to learn about her news. By doing these and also getting information about her condition I replied to Megan about Ani Sangita Tamang condition who has been hospitalised in TU Teaching Hospital with the initiative of the Nepal Women's Commission and Nepal Federation of Indigenous Nationalities.
Through my own network circle I also raised some fund and also personally contributed NPR 17, 000.00 (Aus $ 200) to support for her treatment and requested my sister, who happened to be a Buddhist Nun to go and visit and hand the money to her and she did as I've suggested.
In early March this year from my mum in Nepal came to know that Ani Sangita has been staying in our home and I thought it is alright since she can decide where she likes to stay and at my home there are not many members so thought it would be company for mum as well.  
In early May this year for my research field work I went to Nepal and met Ani Sangita Tamang. I learned  from her how the incident happened and where she had stayed after discharged from the hospital.
While I was at home I was not that much bothering about her health condition since my sister and mum used to take care of her. However, I saw that she was so quiet and didn't like to talk and eat that much and used to say I don't feel like eating. Even in the day time she used to sleep most of the time. Because of her ill feelings she decided to go to visit her sister in Jhapa, eastern terai district of Nepal. I gave money to buy her flight ticket because I knew that she doesn't have money. Then she went to visit her sister.
Then in the early June with her sister she again came to Kathmandu, which I was not aware of but my sister was keep updating about her situation with me and my mum. Then in 10th of June 2012 early in the morning my sister shared about Ani Sangita (gang-raped victim) money issues with Ani Choying Dolma.
On the same day at 14:22, I posted below message on my facebook status about the issue between a renowned Buddhist Nun singer, Ani Choying Dolma and a gang raped victim, Ani Sangita Tamang because I was bit annoyed since repeatedly my sister was sharing the issue of money business between them with me and my mother.
"Very sad to know the real face of Ani Choying, a Singer of Phulko Aakha Ma Phullai Sansara to whom we think that she is a Buddhist Nun and not money-oriented, is good lady, doesn't involve in cheating BUT came to know from a Buddhist Nun, Ms. Sangita Tamang aged 21 from Bhojpur who had raped in Shankhasawa last year in June 2011 that she has been facing trouble from Ani Choying. After discharge from the TU Teaching Hospital Ms. Tamang was taken by Ani Choying to provide shelter to her in Ani Choying's located in Pharphing Monastery and after staying there for almost 5 months she left the place because she said she was not satisfied. Then she called my sister, who is also a Buddhist Nun and stayed in our house for 3.5 months. 
Any Choyang said to her that she collected money/donation around NPR 120,000/- on behalf of Ms. Tamang to support and provide shelter and care to her but while asking that money back she refused to give money to her.
Last week Ms. Tamang went to her sister house in Kakadvitta (eastern Nepal) because she is not feeling well. She said to date she got the cheque of NPR 25,000/- from Ani Choyang.
This Wednesday along with her sister Ms. Tamang came to Bouddha, Kathmandu because Ani Choying staff called her to come to meet Ani Choying as she wants to transfer the money in her account so they came to Kathmandu but now she said she is not going to transfer the money instead will issue the cheque. Ms. Tamang is not happy with the attitude and behaviour of Ani Chiyang."
Not just in Nepal but across the globe renowned religious leaders, priests, pastors pundits, purohits, politicians and public who are actively involving in religious activities are much hypocritical which is not exception in Buddhism as well. Sorry to say bitter fact that some of the Monks and Nuns of Nepal (especially originated from Tibet) are corrupt and run NGO to raise fund for their own better livelihood luring the western world in the name of Buddhism promotion for peace, love and kindness, which is in fact against Buddha teaching. But people hardly think such instead consider they are good and great for humanity and prosperity of the society.
Like ·  ·  · 
  • Strongblack Coffee Laxmi didi, though i am not really aware about this whole thing but reading this status I think it's not fair to judge the person only from one side of the story. I am sure there might have been problem between two parties but then again have anyone (whoever are related with this issue) tried to talk with Ani Choyang about this just to get the clear picture?. You mentioned "she wants to transfer the money in her account so they came to Kathmandu but now she said she is not going to transfer the money instead will issue the cheque", what's wrong with that?. I just think it's better for everyone not to decide on somebody else image and character by some issues which have not been cleared yet. Please don't get me wrong, NOT that i am in favor of such acts (if it's true) but then again I think it would be wise to hear the other side of the story as well.
  • Laxmi Tamang Nepal has been ruined and made corrupt by NGO owners and this is not exceptional among some of the Nuns and Monks who are money hunger. This is the bitter fact behind Lama's dress.http://www.choying.com/about-nwf/nwf-introduction.html

    www.choying.com
    Established in 1988, the Nuns Welfare Foundation of Nepal (NWF) is a non profit organization promoting the education and welfare of Buddhist nuns.
  • Laxmi Tamang Strongblack Coffee ji I hope this conversation between Maya Chhetri and myself will make you clear about the incident. Maya Chhetri said: All that glitters are not gold. Making judgement and coming to conclusion based on onesided story may be premature. Laxmi Tamang: Maya Chhetri mam it is not just one side story yesterday my sister was also called and asked where Ms. Tamang will go to study. Though she has nothing to do with Ms. Tamang and Ani Choyang game about money. Ms. Tamang and her sister is now in Kathmandu since Wednesday and just now also she called my sister and said that she is not going to transfer money but will issue check
    10 minutes ago · Maya Chhetri: That is why is this proverb made. " all that glitters are not gold". Laxmi Tamang: Though I believe and follow buddhsim but we've noticed that there are too many Buddhists who enjoy their sophisticated life driving Pajero, bike and spend huge amount of money to pay if their work don't go smoothly in government official. this is the bitter fact behind Lama's dress!
  • Strongblack Coffee Thankyou for the information didi but again i am not getting it . My questions:

    What's wrong with issuing the Cheque?, Will there be any problem? or you mean to say what's wrong with giving money directly by not issuing the Cheque? 
    And you said
     Ms. Tamang's sister is assisting her but who can take the guarantee that the money will be invested on Ms. Tamang's study and her welfare?, I may be sounding little suspicious but I am just wondering and i just want to know. 
    Have you tried to talk with Ani Choyang on Ms. Tamang's behalf about this issue?
  • Shakya Aditya Hard to believe....
    Sad to hear such incident.
  • Laxmi Tamang According to Ms. Tamang she wants all the money back BUT Ani Choyang told her that she shouldn't tell her parent in her name there is an amount. If she tells her parent then her parent might ask her money to pay back their loan which they had. This is the bitter fact we've heard from Ms. Tamang Strongblack Coffee ji
  • Cannibal Subedi Especial Oa kati lamo comment ho
    10 June at 16:53 via mobile · Like · 1
  • Laxmi Tamang If Ms. Tamang doesn't want to stay and study at Ani Choyan NGO then why not give her money all back which is collected in her name. Ms. Tamang said she didn't get opportunity to learn Buddhist education. In Ani Choyang NGO run school all kids including her has to learn general school education not the Buddhsit related education. Strongblack Coffee ji.
  • Strongblack Coffee Didi Please bear with me but I would like to talk about it more. There is a point when Ani Choyang told Ms Tamang that she shoudn't tell her parents and the reason being is for her own good ni hoina?. May be she just wants to make sure that money would go to the right place for right cause just for the good of Ms. Tamang? or is there anything else?. Ms. Tamang totally reserves the right to get the money that has been collected under her name but it would be better for her if she can choose the right organization or even right people to assist her for her studies and her future and may be Ani Choyang was just concerned?. I am NOT supporting any acts of lying and cheating in the name of "non profit" service but i think we just can't decide on a person's character and all the deeds he/she have been doing with one incident without even talking to her.
  • Laxmi Tamang First of all in the name of GOD and wearing the religious dress no one should give trouble to any body this is my point. While Ms. Tamang said I want to go to meet my sister Ani Choyang said you better go forever from my place (Pharphing Monastery). This is how she has been out of that place since then she didn't ask and get to know where she was and how she was. You better to go and meet Ani Choyang and Ms. Tamang and her sister and also my sister who has just again called by Ms. Tamang sister at Ani Choyang place to know the truth. I'm just sharing the fact what I've heard from Ms. Tamang, her sister and my sister.
  • Krishna Sharan Dhungana Giving cheque instead of cash is not so bad. As I heard Ani is giving bif charity in different sectors. It is great she is nun, not others........
  • Laxmi Tamang Hahahaha! Charity!! collecting money from donors through her NGO in the name of kids and giving to others is not considered giving bif charity in different sectors. It you think so then ALL NGO owners are giving bif charity in different sector Krishna ji. I don't know the MONEY game between Ani Choyang and Ms. Tamang!! But anyway, Ms. Tamang deserve to get all money back which has been collected in her name. I also donated and also collected some money (NPR 50,000/) and handed to her dad through my sis when she was hospitalised.
  • Pemdorje Pakhrin Tamang Very sad to hearing so and money back which has been collected in her name that is good
  • Alisha Rijal its bitter truth of nepal!!!
  • Dhruba Neupali Amazingly money minded operation of NGO, Civic Society etc..... Sab se badaa rupaiyaa, haina ta ?
  • Laxmi Tamang Just came know that Ani Choyang gave check of NPR 15,000/- only and still there is NPR 277,398/- in Ms. Tamang and her staff joint account that Ani Choyang opened. Both Ms. Tamang and her sister caught a night bus to Kakadvitta, Jhapa just now. This is how she is giving trouble to Ms. Tamang.
  • Sushma Kuikel ya these tibetan led monk,,,,making fun,,of true monk and nun...
  • Laxmi Tamang Indeed! Though she was born in Nepal but she is a Tibetan origin Nepali ho. "Ani Choying was born in 1971 in Kathmandu, Nepal, to Tibetan exiles." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ani_Choying_Drolma

    en.wikipedia.org
    Ani Choying Drolma (born June 4, 1971, in Kathmandu, Nepal), also known as Choyi



    ng Drolma and Ani Choying (Ani, "nun", is an honorific), is a Buddhist nun and musician from the Nagi Gompa nunnery in Nepal. She is known in Nepal and throughout the world for bringing many Tibetan Buddhist chants and f...
  • Irada Parajuli Gautam Very sad to hear Ms. Sangita Tamang story, hope she will get justice soon
  • Krishna Sharan Dhungana Laxmi Ji, dont make the issue as to collect money after rape, main issue is to get treatment and legal advantages, actually nowadays Ani is being international personality, it is not the big issue where she born, main thing is what she did? Again I want to say, she is nun & not others......
  • Anil Keshary Nepal Laxmiji I think you should talk to Ani Choying Drolma once Her number is 4915246 and if you call her I am sure she will be only too glad to discuss this case in its entirety with you Then once you've discussed the same then. Maybe you can update us all through Facebook again.
    10 June at 22:55 via mobile · Unlike · 5
  • Laxmi Tamang Krishna ji thanks for your suggestion. But you must know that I'm not the one who is collecting the MONEY after rape since I'm not a philanthropic person who ask money to others and pass on to others. Whether national or international person I don't care what I care is honest and be kind to others rather than giving trouble to other like Ms. Tamang who is still not fully recover from her mental torture due to post traumatic syndrome from gang-raped by ill-minded and sex crazy boys. Thank you Anil ji for providing me Ani Choyang contact no. though I don't have anything to do with her. I'm just sharing what I've heard and came to know from Ms. Tamang.
  • Magar PK May be this is true or not...but i think...Any is not that types of person.May be some misunderstanding there and blame over to Any.i wish truth have to come out ....
  • Laxmi Tamang Anil Keshary Nepal ji thank you for letting Ani Choyang about this posting. Appreciated because you helped me to reach to her. She called me just now and gave me half and hour explanations very angrily and in a dominating way only saying "Listen to Listen to me". Could not even believe how being an Ani anyone could angry that badly because as a Buddhist Monk and Nun I haven't seen, heard and read such attitude and behaviour of our Buddhist monks and nuns, which is not expected either from them. I even have to request her to file the case against me for accusing her. Cool to know the game of money!!!
  • Laxmi Tamang It was my bad because I just listened the victim (Ms. Tamang) voice!!!! But I also know that while raising the voice for the victims people oppose, after all listening to the victims and suffers usually means supporting for the justice and truth and majority of people don't support the victim and run after elites. Since "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."- Arthur Schopenhauer; "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."- Mahatma Gandhi; “Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”-Buddha
  • Laxmi Tamang Being a believer on Buddhism I heard that our Monks and Nuns should be polite, speech should be gentle, shouldn't angry, kind to people, should speak softly, able to forgive ignorant, shouldn't be attached to external things (i.e. Money, house, cars, ...See More
  • PREPARING FOR ORDINATION:Reflections for Westerners Considering Monastic Ordination in the Tibetan Buddhist Tradition
  • Laxmi Tamang This is how money has been collected in the name of Nun, Sangita Tamang! RE: Message from Sangita?

    FROM: uttam bhlon
    TO: Laxmi Tamang, Dr Aruna Uprety, Sanjay Lama IT Professional KTM, 13 More... Thursday, 18 August 2011 12:45 PM
    Dear all,


    This is authentic account of Sangita. I have conformed from bank & Ani chhoying Di too.

    If any please let me know. We can also handover cash to her 

    BR Uttam

    From: Laxmi Tamang
    Sent: Thursday, 18 August 2011 3:04 AM
    To: Dr Aruna Uprety; Sanjay Lama IT Professional KTM; Ani Tenzin Chhedroon (Ratna Tamang); Uttam Lama Kantipur Publication; Suresh Tamang; sujutamang86@yahoo.com; Asha Lal Tamang; Ganesh Tamang; tamangsamaj.com@gmail.com; Vijay Lama Captain Nyanopan Program; Mohan Bomzan; Sadhu Ram Tamang (RMO); Nima Sherpa; Nima Tamang; Chet Tamang; Dojen Tamang
    Subject: Re: Message from Sangita?

    Dear All,

    Namaste!

    I need your help to verify below message sent to the Lawyer at US, Megan Dorton, her friend Catherine and me requesting for the financial support in the name of nun, Sangita who had gang-raped and currently with Ani Choyang at her Monestry in Pharping as per the report we came across few weeks back. Honestly, it sounds like a scam to me, but I hope I am wrong.  

    Thank you for your kind cooperation and support.

    Waiting to hear an authentic information for you all.

    Best regards

    Laxmi Tamang

    From: Laxmi Tamang <laxtshering@yahoo.com>
    To: m dorton <mdorton@gmail.com>; "catherine.gain@gmail.com" <catherine.gain@gmail.com>
    Sent: Thursday, 18 August 2011 6:58 AM
    Subject: Re: Message from Sangita?

    Dear Megan and Catherine,

    Let me verify this message with my sister, journalist friends and others in Nepal because it sounds to me fake and trying to cheat us.

    Best regards

    Laxmi Tamang

    From: m dorton <mdorton@gmail.com>
    To: Laxmi Tamang <laxtshering@yahoo.com>; Catherine Gain <catherine.gain@gmail.com>
    Sent: Thursday, 18 August 2011 6:33 AM
    Subject: Message from Sangita?

    Hi Laxmi and Catherine! What do you think of this message below?

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Vipin Tamang <tamangvipin@yahoo.com>
    Date: Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    Subject: mail
    To: "mdorton@gmail.com" <mdorton@gmail.com>

    Hi namaste and good morning!

    Specially, I want to give many thanks to my all friends those who are willing to help me living in foreign land.I think, you know that I was fallen in danger event so I fell in sickness. I stayed in hospital in India as well as other many hospitals for the treatment. While visiting the different hospitals, I had to spend the right amount how much I have. At time of sickness, many others relatives came and helped me however that could not cover my expendexture so I was thinking that how to solve my problem but suddenly I got your letter where I saw my possibility. That's why, I am very very thankful to you because your hep is needed forever if you help me , I will be a healthy person. Perhaps, I should not ask to others I am sorry but what to do economically my family background is not well so I hope help of little amount from you for my recovery.
    I wana make you remember that you saw me in teaching hospital
    My bank account number 0010050054961 Mega Bank Kathmandu Nepal.

    Your faithfully

    Sangita Ani

    Bhojpur khatangma
  • Strongblack Coffee Laxmi Di what did Ani Choyang say over the phone?. Did she say anything about Ms. Tamang issue?, Did she tell you what exactly is happening in her case and why?.
  • Bikesh Shrestha Every famous name has black spot like Sunspots. What to say? If someone is good today then we need to forget all their past. Like Angulimal (serial killer) became Arahant (Enlightened one).
  • Sunu Dulal Thank you Laxmi Ji for sharing the bitter fact. It will help us to know who is who in real sense. Yes these days those originated from Tibet get good support from western world because these western old people has strategy to mobilize the Tibet originated people to revolt against China.
  • Tukti Sherpa After going through all the comment above, i can say it is just a matter of money, some one had said that face of money is always black so it is real. as i also know the case of ms tamang, we have heard through Nepal media, we all feel sad and sympathy toward her after hearing such unexpected case happen on her life but think from one side that Ani Choyang is just helping her to get relief and to start a new life forgetting all the past of ms tamang and next thing is that after going at the Ani Choyang's Hostel at Pharphing ms tamang got support and donor from different country and the Donor maight have trust Ani Choyang so donar support ms tamang so here the question rise that if ms tamang haven't get help by Ani Do she easily get international donor or support just trusting only ms tamang.. getting donor and financial help is very difficult now a days so why ms tamang is creating a problem to herself . Sher should think about her future if she really want.. she should should not search the source of funding from where is come and where it go.. some one might have utilized her... for the money.... so if it goes like this Ms tamang fund may stop and it may effect her day to day life too i think. but the way this is my personal view, i don't know both of you neither ani nor ms tamang.
  • Choying Gurung Namaste Laxmi Je, 

    Sorry I couldn`t stop myself from writing you this letter personally. I am Ani Choying Sangmo, and I came under Ani Choying`s wings in 2000. When i were just 8 or 9 years old. I completed my studies in the school she established fro
    m her concert`s income, Arya Tara School. Ani Choying has been guiding and supporting financially and emotionally to not only me but to 73 children’s who mostly are from remote area of Nepal. Since 5 years myself and Ani Kunchok are working in her organization`s administration, NWF and I am very clear about her motive and know where her every income goes at the end since my childhood. 

    It is really amazing that you are so much concerned about Ani Sangita yet don’t know many things. You are not aware exactly how much money Ani Sangita have took from us and how much we have saved for her. You don’t know how much effort we have put to collect donation for her. How much we have supported her on behalf of school and personally. We even assisted her in her personal matter like for the puja at her home thinking that`s it our responsibility to helped her. Going through your facebook status i am sure that Ani Sangita has created misunderstanding between us. All Ani Choying Drolma wanted for Ani Sangita was that whatever money have been collected, it must be invested on something that will secure here future and make her life ahead easier. I was at office when ani Sangita along with another Ani came to ask for a money, as you know even though the money were donated for Ani Sangita, many people have donated it because of Ani Choying`s influence. If Ani Sangita decides to go to monastery at india, Ani Choying is the one who have to reply to the donor at Nepal where she is going and how she is doing and so on. We did our responsibility sincerely and have record of all things. I jst want to request you that without any clarification and discussion with concern person please don’t do such thing which will hurt others. You might think that judging Ani Choying Drolma means judging and hurting her only but there are hundreds of people who look upon her and who are living just because she is living. If you really want to know the truth then come and let’s sits all together and you will know the truth. Taking and judging from a far is easy, just like how easy it is eating ready made food when you are hungry. Please know that all respects and popularity she has now, it’s not something that which is given for free, its something she have been earned by dedicating her 13 years and you don’t have the right to destroy jst like that. You may think that this Buddhist nun is very rude and but telling truth is all what i am doing. 

    I hope you will come in your sense soon and ask for apology to Ani Choying Drolma, because we all are also hurt due to your hurtful comments toward our Ani Choying Drolma. 

    Regards, 

    Choying Sangmo
  • Choying Gurung Choying GurungLaxmi Tamang
    about an hour ago · 
    Namaste! I am also a member of Ani Choying Droma's foundation so please contact us or send me your number and lets have a talk and you will know the truth. 
    Like · · 
    Unfollow Post

    Laxmi Tamang Dear Choying ji why are you so much worry about the money issue in-between Ani Sangita and Ani Choying. If you are true Buddhist Ani then you shouldn't better understand what you suppose to do instead of coming in middle in-between Ani Sangita and Ani Choying money game issue. Ani Choying already said that she is not going to contact me anymore and I also told her that if she wants me to come to talk her it is better to invite Ani Sangita, her sister so that we can have better clarification. I'm just sharing and expressing the problems that Ani Sangita has gone due to the behavior of Ani Choying.
    about an hour ago · Like

    Choying Gurung Sorry for the late introduction but we are the people whom ani Sangita deal with and we also the people we ran here and there to collect donation from Ani Choying Drolma's peronal frns and who ever wanted to donate. We are the one who hand over the money to her and collects record of all those bills. Being a nun also mean standing for the truth which i am doing right now. When did Ani Choying Drolma told you that she won"t meet you? Please send us your contact number and we will have a clear talk. Definitely ani sangita and her sister should be also there. We will have a clear talk.
    50 minutes ago · Like

    Choying Gurung I have been seeing Ani Sangita for more than 5 months and i am also member of Nuns' Welfare Foundation so, i have the right to talk about Ani Sangita issue but do you have the right to blame Ani Choying Drolma?
    42 minutes ago ·
  • Rin Yun Chen · Friends with Uttam Bhlon Lama
    Yes, that is true that me Ani Kunchok Gurung and Ani Choying Sangmo were the one whom Ani Sangita deal with. Ani Choying Drolma told us that the incident could have happen to any one of us as well as that the victim is also a nun so, we much move forward and help her. She needed our help so, we did as Ani Choying Drolma told us to. At first she gave us the list of her friends and their contact number so, that we can call them and collect money for Ani Sangita. She even told us to create a bank account so, that we can deposit the money to the bank as soon as we collect. We did as she told us and we did collected donation for her thinking that it would be very helpful to her in the future. She may need it. The nuns from Arya Tara did there best to keep her happy and always was around so, that she doesn't feel left out and lonely. And also Ani Choying Drolma and the nuns gave her new hope of life and aspiration. The account was in my name and Ani Sangita's name. It is a joint account. The reason why we create a join account is that during that time Ani Sangita was very sick and she was not well at all. She was not in condition of going anywhere and it was very hard for her. So, instead of her me and my colleagoe were going around only for her. We were very inspired by Ani Choying Drolma 's social works so, we are following her path so, that we could also help others by doing a social work. I won't be what i am without her love and affection. If any bad happen to her it is not only her who will get hurt but behind that there are lots of people who will get hurt and who are very dependent on her.
  • Laxmi Tamang It is very sad to know that this status has been liked by 27 people and good to know that 17 people have shared their views. BUT I would like to apologise and felt guilty for accusing respected public figure and celebrity Ani Choying Drolma because I hurt her sentiment and attempted to ruin her public image which I didn’t mean to intentionally. I was just raising the voice of the gang-raped victim Ani Karma (Ms. Tamang) for the money that had been collected on her name to give to her without giving hassle because she is still not feeling due to the post traumatic stress disorder since the incident she had last year in June. We’ve cleared our misunderstanding today in the Metropolitican Police Criminal Division from the case that has been filed against me by the respected Ani Choying Drolma concerning the aforementioned my status as we had discussion in our phone conversation either to file the case against me for accusing her or forgive me thinking that I made a mistake due to my ignorance as Buddha said "Ignorance is the root cause of all evils/suffering". I realised that I made a huge mistake and I've to pay for my sin for accusing her. Anyway, it was a good learning for me as well as said by U.S. Senator, actor, author, political commentator, politician and radio host, Al Franken “Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.” Though I felt like committing the sin for my deed however as a learner to be a positive thinker I take the word of Benjamin Franklin “The man who achieves makes many mistakes, but he never makes the biggest mistake of all - doing nothing” http://viewonbuddhism.org/dharma-quotes-quotations-buddhist/ignorance.htm

    viewonbuddhism.org
    Introduction to Buddhist practice and meditation, philosophy, history and traditions and especially Tibetan Buddhism.
  • Indira Ghale thanks for sharing and bring the reality
  • Uttam Bhlon Lama As being the small part of helping Aani Tamang, i feel bit lighter today. thanks for inviting me there. Its said that "Bhai fute Gava lute" , We need both of you. As i already told you it was just misunderstanding. i would like to strongly request both of you that please please please take it easy. we would like to see both of you cooperating each other in up coming days as sisterhood.
  • Laxmi Tamang I received your above message in the text while I was in the Metropolitican Police Criminal Division, Kathmandu and really appreciate for listening both of us but sorry to say (let's make it clear in the public discussion) that I didn't invite you in the Metropolitican Police Criminal Division. But it was good to see you anyway.
  • Prakash M. Lamichhane · 19 mutual friends
    Think n find before write against anyone
  • Keyshia Sherpa hats off to ani choying what ever she did is incredible i really appreciate her effort to establish kidney hospital as i felt so helpless working for kidney sufferers when i heard about ani choying effort i felt so delighted thank you very much ani choying i would like to help you in coming futures..god bless you and please keep up your effort..
    14 June at 00:43 via mobile · Unlike · 2
Source link https://www.facebook.com/laxmi.tamang.92/posts/3774595917436

I came to know that Mr. Anil Kheshary Nepal, Owner of Mega Bank (one of the commentator above) in which Ani Sangita Joint Bank account with Ani Kunchong Gurung has opened and had informed to Ani Choying about my above posting thus she made a phone call to my sister's home and contacted me. 

From my close friend cricle networks one of my senior friends who happened to be a Central member of UML Communist Party of Nepal and a Joint Sectretary at the Ministry of Health and Population of Nepal  came to know that Ani Choying is also a central member of UML Communist Party of Nepal, who come to a meeting in regular basis at UML Community Party of Nepal. 
From the above facebook posting and discussions except the email conversation that I've posted above Ani Choying filed the case at the Kathmandu Metropolitican Police Criminal Division, Hanuman Dhoka, that I came to know on 13 June at 10 AM once a police officer ranged me in my landline while I was resting feeling unwell due to having a diarrhoea whole night because of eating MoMo yesterday in the meeting at the Family Health Division, Teku with goverment officials.  The Police Officer called me to attend office station and without any delayed I visited their office at around 12 noon along with my sister. During my visit at the Police Office Ani Choying was not there. So, as asked by police officer I explained as what I've written on my facebook status. Then I told them I don't know how clean and justice can be provided by Nepal Police since in Nepal everything can be purchased by MONEY, POWER, POLITICS and WOMEN (SEX). Then police officer reassured me telling that even the Constitution Assessmly member who had been jailed for Corruption is from this police branch. Therefore, you can imagine how much pressure we received on behalf of him to release so you can trust us because in Nepal it might be only the place where we have been providing justice to the real victim and punished to the culprits. 
After Ani Choying arrived to the Police Office all the Police officers stood up like a Minister coming at their office. It was a good experience for me seeing such behaviour of our police officers towards our renowned Buddhist Singer Nun. 
Once Ani Choying arrived to the Police Office she said to me that "Oh! You are the one who raised issue about me on your facebook without knowing the fact. I've heard that you've studied a lot. I've just studied upto five class. You must be very wise. How dare you can write about me without thinking and knowing the fact about me." In this way, she was keep saying and pouring her anger against me. 
After a while she stopped pouring her thoughts and views on me I told her "You are Ani" then immediately she stopped me and said "Don't say to me Ani, I'm a human being like you."Hearing this I was quiet surprised because I didn't expect from Buddhis Nun "Ani" saying such because I was just addressing her saying Ani. 
After more than an hour one way expression from Ani Choying Police asked me to write a apology status on the facebook. Thus on 13 July I wrote below status on my facebook wall. 
"It is very sad to know that this status has been liked by 27 people (in my original status) and good to know that 17 people have shared their views. BUT I would like to apologise and felt guilty for accusing respected public figure and celebrity Ani Choying Drolma because I hurt her sentiment and attempted to ruin her public image which I didn’t mean to intentionally. I was just raising the voice of the gang-raped victim Ani Karma (Ms. Tamang) for the money that had been collected on her name to be give to her without giving hassle because she is still not feeling well due to the post traumatic stress disorder since the incident she had last year in June. We’ve cleared our misunderstanding today in the Metropolitan Police Criminal Division from the case that has been filed against me by the respected Ani Choying Drolma concerning the aforementioned my status as we had discussion in our phone conversation either to file the case against me for accusing her or forgive me thinking that I made a mistake due to my ignorance as Buddha said "Ignorance is the root cause of all evils/suffering". I realised that I made a huge mistake and I've to pay for my sin for accusing her. Anyway, it was a good learning for me as well as said by U.S. Senator, actor, author, political commentator, politician and radio host, Al Franken “Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.” Though I felt like committing the sin for my deed however as a learner to be a positive thinker I take the word of Benjamin Franklin “The man who achieves makes many mistakes, but he never makes the biggest mistake of all - doing nothing” http://viewonbuddhism.org/dharma-quotes-quotations-buddhist/ignorance.htm"
Being born in a Buddhist faith, culture and tradition follower family had heard from senior Tibetan Buddhist Monk that as per the Buddhist precepts Buddhist Nuns and Monks including Buddhist devotees should refrain or avoid listening and playing music, singing, dancing, seeing entertainments, wearing garlands, using cosmetics, etc with attachment but wondering how come our Ani Choying being a Buddhist Nun is doing this all. 
After discussions with some senior Monks about her performance came to know that senior Buddhist Monks in Kathmnadu do not like her because she has been engaging in damaging the image of Buddhist Monks and Nuns without applying Buddha teaching and following the Buddha precepts in her life and she is not a learnt Buddhist nun in practice. 
Came to know that the Precepts are the foundation of all Buddhist training. The underlying principle is non-exploitation of self or others. 
The Eight Buddhist Precepts:
1) I undertake to abstain from harming or taking life.
2) I undertake to abstain from taking what is not given.
3) I undertake to abstain from any from sexual contact.
4) I undertake to abstain from false speech.
5) I undertake to abstain from the use of intoxicants, i.e. drugs and alcohol.
6) I undertake to abstain from eating after the mid-day meal.
7) I undertake to abstain from dancing, singing, music and watching entertainments, and from using enticing beauty aids, i.e. perfume, etc.
8) I undertake to abstain from indulging in high and luxurious seats and beds.
Source: http://www.buddhanet.net/imol/retreat/appendix01.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment