Saturday, 11 August 2012

One or 1% like-minded people can changed the status quo

Hundread thousands (100,000) men with FEAR is just a Crowd. One man with courage is more than enough to make it majority that's what Plato, Albert Einstein, Buddha, Dr. BR Ambedkar, Mahatma Gandhi, Nelsan Mandela, PN Shah, Hitler, Martin K. Luther, Mark Zuckerberg and many more people had done and proven in the history!!

But in our country, we just have crowd of men with full of FEAR with no courage. Therefore, runs everyone after politics, preachers, etc!!

"One man with courage is a majority."

- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), an American Founding Father, the principal author of the Declaration of Independence and the third President of the United States

We just need 1% dedicated and committed like-minded people to change the status quo of our nation.  But they must be like-minded without any prejudice. ego, selfish and very much committed to make the difference in their society.

Margaret Mead (1901-1978), American cultural anthropologist has rightly affirmed that “Never doubt that a small group of people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”

It is very interesting when we look back the history and learn from it. In Nepal, PN Shah at the age of 29 captured whole nation. Siddhartha Gautam at the age of 29 left the palace in search of truth and answer to human suffering and at the age of 35 (6 years after) got enlightenment!

History reminds us that 1% of a group of people has been able to impact the other 99% over and over again—when that 1% has bought into an idea with reckless abandon. In other words, the few can affect the many, with the right people on board." "Here are some example that we can learn from. "During the 1960s, the Civil Rights movement in America changed the course of history for minority groups. When Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said, “I have a dream” in 1963, he was the point man for a movement that within one year would change legislation in the U.S. Believe it or not, it was a relatively small group of people. Millions sympathized with them, but never acted. In fact, only about 1% of the population was on board with the civil rights movement. But that’s all they needed. They marched together, stood together, faced opposition together and they changed history.

During the “Hundred Years War” in France, a teenage girl named Joan of Arc caught a vision from God to lead her nation to freedom. It seemed ridiculous to her—she was a child and a female, both which worked against her. France was divided into three factions and outside armies were bullying the French at will. They were at their lowest point in history. But in 1428, Joan approached a commander and offered her services. At 17 years old, Joan was leading 3,000 French knights into battle, and winning. When she died at the age of 19 she had accomplished her goal. Less than 1% of the French were even behind her, but her troops restored hope to a nation. Without knowing, she led a movement that changed France’s history.

John Wesley wanted to see spiritual renewal in England during the 18th century. Although he was kicked out of the Anglican Church, he didn’t give up on his goal. He traveled on horseback through the country speaking to crowds and organizing groups who responded to his challenge. His goal was to transform the nation by first transforming individuals. It worked. One historian wrote that Wesley almost single-handedly saved England from bloody revolution in the 1700s. He launched the Methodist Church and impacted the British population profoundly...with a small fraction of the people. We are told he had about 1 1⁄2 % of the English people involved." 
However it would be fantastic if our young people can instill in their head HOW POWER they are if they deeply wish to use their strength. 
Why young people? Why not older, more experience people? Good question. Certainly, students need experienced adults to act as mentors and coaches. But, world change often happens through the energy of the young. Consider this:

* Mozart: Composed his first symphony at age 6
* Bill Gates: Started Microsoft at age 19
* Trevor Ferrell: Began Trevor’s Place to feed the homeless at age 12
* John Wesley: Launched the Methodist movement at age 17
* Albert Einstein: Wrote first paper on theory of relativity at age 16
* Mark Zuckerberg: Launched Facebook at the age of 19
* Louie Braille: Designed reading system for blind at age 15
* Josiah: Became a reformer as king of Israel at age 8
* Joan of Ark: Led 3,000 French knights into battle at age 17
* Sagen Woolrey: Started free lunch program for poor at age 12
* Student Volunteer Movement: Pioneer missionaries: ages 18-24
* Cassie Burnall: Stood for her faith at gunpoint at age 17
* Steve Jobs: Launched Apple Computer at age 21
* George Williams: Stared the YMCA at age 23;

Learn more from

No comments:

Post a Comment