Wednesday 12 December 2012

Secret Facts in our belief system holy book to control mass mind

Though I respect all man-made religions BUT criticise to those verses if it is against Humanity and Humankind. 

I found this page which members of this thread might find beneficial since has been written by well informed person, Dr David Madison who had studied theology in USA, who happened to be an American. He said: 

I think a Christian troll reported my other FB page to Facebook for spamming, and I’ve received a warning from FB: I’ll be banned if I do any more posting on FB pages. So I’d appreciate any help you can give to spreading the word about my other FB page....I'd like to get to 2012 "likes" by 31 Dec 2012. 

An atheist former minister (PhD in Biblical Studies) provides scholarship-based Bible study for atheists. My aim is to help atheists know the Bible better than those who claim to follow it—because the Bible is one of the best tools for demonstrating that Christianity is false. 

Thanks, David Madison  
https://www.facebook.com/pages/10-Tough-Problems-in-Christian-Thought-and-Belief/402023826512153 


About David Madison in his own words I am an advocate of Biblically based atheism. I am an ex-clergy atheist (PhD in Biblical Studies). Here you will find scholarship-based Bible study for atheists who want to learn more about the Bible than those who claim to follow it.

Biography:
The purpose of this page is to keep folks up to date on my progress on two major writing projects, and to share insights from my reading and research along the way. I believe that atheism can be based solidly on the Bible--as well as on science and logic. 
From 1968 until 1976 I was a Methodist minister in Massachusetts, serving in two parishes. I received my first graduate degree in 1968, a Bachelor of Sacred Theology, from Boston University School of Theology, and my PhD in Biblical Studies from Boston University Graduate School. I left the ministry in 1976 and gave up my ordination in 1978. Even while I was in seminary, I wrote an essay entitled, “On the Improbability of God.” It was becoming more and more difficult for me to hold on to the idea of God that I had been raised with—in a traditional conservative Methodist home. One of the highly influential theologians at the time was Paul Tillich, who wrote that God did not exist (such a statement would 'limit' God to space and time), but was 'the ground of all being.' This actually amounted to fancy theological footwork, but it helped me justify still being a believer. But I eventually had to give up the mental gymnastics and admit that I was an atheist. My intense interest in the Bible has continued, however, and I hope, in my projected series of books, to build on the foundation of atheism that has been laid so well in the writings of others in the last decade.


Description:

I am planning four books, two of which I have begun writing. The first book in the series, which is well under way, provides the framework for the entire project. The title is “10 Tough Problems in Christian Thought and Belief: A Layperson’s Guide.” My mock-up of the cover appears as the profile picture. The other books are elaborations of a few of the tough problems that I describe in this book. 

These tough problems have been the focus of theological and scholarly debate for centuries. Ordinary believers, however, are usually unaware of the problems—and, commonly, they don’t want to know about them. Christianity’s problems are systemic and are rooted firmly in scripture. Quite rightly Mark Twain observed that “…the best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible.” I am an enthusiastic advocate of biblically based atheism, and my writings are grounded in my desire to show that Christianity has been falsified. Any ONE of the 10 tough problems that I describe is enough to falsify Christianity, but together they constitute an overwhelming case that it fails as a credible system of belief. After careful reflection on each problem, the question that can be posed is: How do you get around this problem and still hold on to Christianity? 

The second book that I have started writing is “God Is Wrath: A Secular Commentary on Paul’s Letter to the Romans.” Number 10 of the tough problems is Paul’s theology, personality and prejudices, and the chapter dealing with Paul is entitled, “There Are too Many Negatives About Paul.” Paul’s Letter to the Romans—which is one of the charter documents of the Christian faith—illustrates abundantly many of the negatives about Paul.

The other two projected books, which I have not yet started writing, are “Jesus and the Demons: A Secular Commentary on The Gospel of Mark” and “A Layperson’s Guide to Bad Theology.” “Jesus and the Demons” is an elaboration of two of the tough problems, Number 6, “The Gospels Are Not Reliable Historical Documents” and Number 9, “There Are Too Many Negatives About Jesus.”

The guide to bad theology will elaborate on several of the problems, for example, Tough Problem 4, “There Are Too Many Contradictions in the Concept of God” and Tough Problem 8, “Blood Sacrifice Fails as a Theological Asset.”

No comments:

Post a Comment